HallowFest at Six Flags Over Georgia!
Event features Halloween Thrills by Day and Scary Chills by Night in a Safe Environment
Six Flags Over Georgia, the Thrill Capital of the South, leads the way for Halloween thrills and chills with a new event for the entire family—HALLOWFEST. The event will feature Thrills by Day with plenty of family-friendly activities and Chills by Night with rides on monster coasters…in the dark and haunting Halloween theming throughout the parks. HALLOWFEST will kick off September 19 and operate on weekends through November 1. The park will be open from 1-9 p.m. with limited capacity to prevent overcrowding on Saturdays and Sundays. Reservations will be required and slots are expected to fill up quickly. The company’s comprehensive and ongoing safety protocols will be in effect for the entire run of the event.
“Six Flags Over Georgia is reimagining its entertaining, variety-packed, must-see Halloween event this fall,” said Park President Dale Kaetzel. “With added safety precautions including temperature checks, required face masks for guests and team members, social distancing, and enhanced sanitization measures, we have created HALLOWFEST. This is an exciting all-new way to enjoy family-friendly activities and scary thrills at night.”
During daylight hours, families and young thrill-seekers will experience five family-friendly Fair Zones of HALLOWFEST Thrills by Day including:
· Trick-or-Treat individually packaged candy and treats offered throughout the park;
· Kids’ spooky magic shows, featuring verbal interaction only and no physical contact;
· Five amusing Fair Zones with not-so-scary witches, sweet scarecrows, happy pirates, and comedic clowns.
· Family-friendly Halloween stories while enjoying a scenic ride along the Six Flags Railroad;
· Kid-centric games and activities among cornstalk and hay bale festive decor;
· Halloween-themed specialty treats, like gooey caramel apples and funnel cakes made, available for purchase; and
· Exclusive HALLOWFEST selfie stations for kids and families to capture favorite fright-filled photos.
For Chills by Night after 6:00pm, all attractions take a wicked turn in the wide-open midways and feature:
· Frightening witches, shocking scarecrows, ghastly pirates, dreadful clowns and putrid pumpkins in five terrifying Scare Zones;
· Creepy fog, eerie lighting, and sinister music for nighttime scares and chills;
· Six Flags’ signature collection of world-class roller coasters ramping up the fear factor for a heart-pounding HALLOWFEST experience as guests fly through the air at high speeds in total darkness on popular classics like Goliath, Dare Devil Dive and Blue Hawk. Plus experience brand-new thrills CATWOMAM WHIP and POISION IVY TOXIC SPIN in a freshly reimagined GOTHAM CITY; and
· The Six Flags Railroad conductors revealing haunted stories as the sun goes down along the dark wooded trail.
Six Flags worked in partnership with its epidemiologist consultants to create a safe Halloween experience that meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines. Park attendance will be carefully monitored to avoid overcrowding and all Members, Season Pass Holders, and guests with single-day tickets will be required to make a reservation to attend HALLOWFEST.
· All team members (including scare-actors) and all guests 3 years and older will be required to wear masks covering the nose and mouth while in the park;
· No indoor mazes, haunted houses, or indoor shows will operate;
· Fair and Scare zones will be outdoors with social distancing strictly enforced;
· A limited number of nighttime scare-actors will remain at least six feet away from guests and each other;
· Guests viewing outdoor entertainment will be separated by at least six feet;
· Props, rides, restraints, handrails, and dining and restroom facilities will be cleaned and sanitized regularly; and
· Multiple hand-washing and alcohol-based hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks for guest and team member usage.
For more information on HALLOWFEST and Six Flags’ comprehensive safety guidelines, visit www.sixflags.com/hallowfest.
About Six Flags Over Georgia and Six Flags White Water
Six Flags Over Georgia, the Thrill Capital of the South, is home to more than 40 rides and attractions including 12 world-class roller coasters and the seven-acre Hurricane Harbor water park. Six Flags White Water, the South’s Most Thrilling Water Park, boasts more than 30 state-of-the-art water slides, interactive children’s areas and wave pool. Six Flags Over Georgia and Whit Water are the premier destinations for thrilling, family fun.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 59 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
Courtesy: Six Flags Over Georgia