Central Set for Rematch Against Hoover
CENTRAL WILL HOST HOOVER BUCCANEERS FOR 2020 SEASON OPENER
One of the best high school football matchups in the country will be taking place in Phenix City on Friday night.
The Central Red Devils will host the Hoover Buccaneers.
These two teams met last year and Hoover won the game on a last second field goal after Central had led for most of the contest.
This will also be the debut for Central’s new head coach Patrick Nix, who’s not a stranger to games on the big stage.
This game was schedule on Tuesday night, so his first challenge will be playing one of the nations best teams on short notice.
“Both teams are pretty motivated. It’s hard not to be when you’re playing arguable the game of the south, maybe the game in the nation,” said Central Head Coach, Patrick Nix. “When you pick up Hoover on a Tuesday it changes life real fast. It’s fun to play in these games. I’ve been very fortunate to play in them and coach in them. This is why you do it, this is why you coach, why you prepare… to play in big games like this.”
Kickoff is set for 8pm Eastern in Garrett-Harrison Stadium.
- Gates will open at 6:30 PM EST.
- All tickets must be purchased at GoFan.com for $10.
- Masks and social distancing are required.
- All bags must be clear and no larger than 12”x6”x 12” or one-gallon.
- Clutch bags no larger than 4.5”x6.5” will be permitted.
- Each person will require a temperature check.
- No one in excess of 100.4°F will be admitted.