The Columbus Museum Welcome Patrons Back
Enhanced Safety & Cleaning Measures
- To provide a safe experience for visitors, Museum personnel will monitor the number of staff and visitors in the building to operate at a reduced capacity following recommended guidelines.
- Visitors will be asked to observe social distancing with other guests who are not in their party and to limit the number of people their group to 10 or less.
- As a part of the Muscogee County School District, which requires face coverings for all students, staff, and visitors, the Museum is requiring face coverings upon entry.
- Face coverings can be requested from the front desk or purchased in the Museum Shop.
- The Museum has installed filters for the HVAC system that provide better air filtrationfor the protection of visitors and staff, hand sanitizer stations and informational signage
throughout the building.
- The Museum has increased the frequency of the cleaning of high-touch surface areassuch as handrails, doorknobs, faucets, elevator buttons, etc.
Reduced Hours: The Museum has temporarily reduced its hours of operation.
- Monday & Tuesday – Closed
- Wednesday, Friday, Saturday – Noon to 5 p.m.
- Thursday – Noon to 8 p.m.
- Sunday – Noon to 5 p.m.Children’s Gallery Remains Closed, In-Person Events, Tours Canceled
- Transformations, the Museum’s Interactive Family Gallery, will remain closed.
- In-person programs and tours will remain canceled through the fall, and the Museum willcontinue to offer virtual events and online engagement in the Virtual Museum and Virtual Museum for Kids.