The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a Producer of stories and newscasts for our on-air broadcasts and digital media platforms. We seek a journalist with very strong writing skills, excellent story showcasing skills, superior organization skills, a strong work ethic, razor-sharp communication skills, and an intense curiosity for daily news and current events & issues.
If selected to join our team, you will:
· Produce, write, and edit for newscasts and unique versions of stories for television, digital platforms, social media platforms, and radio.
· Research and gather information to write and produce stories of superior depth and clarity.
· Never miss a deadline.
· Quickly initiate and solidify strong working relationships with in-house staff and other remote journalists on our team.
To apply you should:
· Be able to produce newscasts on deadline.
· Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law.
· Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow.
· Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media.
· Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
· Edit video in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system.
· Experience with news rundown/scripting systems (i.e. Ross Inception) is a plus.
· Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience
If you believe you are a good fit for this position, send your resume, cover letter, and a link to work samples to the General Manager, Mark Kirkland, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A valid driver’s license and pre-employment screening is required for this position.
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. We require a background check, drug testing and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.