The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA is looking for a strong communicator and journalist to co-anchor our evening newscasts and report original content on-air, online, and via social media platforms. If you are confident and dynamic on-camera and are personally driven to break news, apply today. At least two years experience anchoring and reporting preferred.
· Co-Anchor the 6PM and 10/11PM Weeknight Newscasts
· Anchor other newscasts, specials, programs, and breaking news as needed
· Assist with the producing, writing, and video editing for newscasts
· Report original content daily for on-air, online, and social media channels
· Quickly initiate and solidify strong editorial sources and community connections
· Perform other duties as needed
· Have a ton of fun working with sharp, enthusiastic co-workers
We are a small and growing staff of very competitive journalists who each wear many hats. You will work incredibly hard. You will be amazed at how quickly you grow as a storyteller and presenter; from good to great and then great to awesome.
If you are ready to get in on the ground floor of something very exciting and creative, email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to the General Manager, Mark Kirkland at email@example.com
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
We require a background check, drug testing and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.