BREAKING: Muscogee County District Schools Closed for In-Person Instruction Through Remainder of Year
Columbus, GA – In accordance with the latest Executive Order issued by Governor Kemp this afternoon, the District has extended its emergency closure for all schools to remain closed for in-person instruction through the remainder of this school year.
The Student Learning Continuity plan and alternate meal services will continue to be delivered as outlined:
- Teachers will continue to deliver instruction through designated digital and print resources.
- Additional instruction packets will be available for pick-up, via drive-through delivery, at each school location, Tuesday, April 7 and Wednesday, April 8, 2020 during the following time-frames: 7:00-9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m., and 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- The District will resume its meal service schedule April 6, 2020, with meal packages including breakfast and lunch items.
- Meals will be available 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, at the locations listed below:
- Baker Middle School
- Carver High School
- J.D. Davis Elementary School
- Dawson Elementary School
- Double Churches Middle School
- Fox Elementary School
- Key Elementary School
- Spencer High School
Buses delivery sites:
- Elizabeth Canty Apartments
- Chase Homes
- Eagle Trace Apartments
- Former 30th Avenue Preschool (151 30th Avenue)
- Jordan High School
- Kendrick High School (front of school area)
- Midland Academy
- Victory Mission (3200 Plateau Drive)
- Warren Williams Apartments
- Whisperwood Apartments
- Wilson Apartments
Contingency plans for end-of-year activity schedules, to include graduation, are under development. Details are forthcoming.
For more information related to the District’s COVID-19 plan, visit the District’s website.