Springer Opera House Cancels Rest of 2020 Season (Through May)
From the Springer’s official website:
In light of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s direction for all organizations in the United States to cancel or postpone events with 50 or more attendees, the Springer Opera House has made the decision to cancel all remaining performances and programs in the current season (through May 2020).
These cancellations include:
* SINGIN’ IN THE RAIN – Weeks 2 & 3
* MORNINGSIDE – Studio Series
* CHICKA CHICKA BOOM BOOM – Theatre for the Very Young
* MATILDA, the Broadway Musical – Mainstage Series
* Spring Break Academy – Education
* No Shame Theatre – New Works program
This decision has been made to protect patrons and employees during this rapidly-growing global health threat. The Springer urges theatre-lovers in the community to follow the CDC’s updated guidelines on social distancing.
“As you can imagine, this order will have severe consequences for the Springer Opera House,” said Springer producing artistic director Paul Pierce. “We ask patrons to be patient and supportive as we face this existential crisis.”
For those who have purchased tickets for remaining performances, the Springer asks them to:
* Convert the value of their tickets to a tax-deductible charitable contribution.
* Allow the Springer to issue them gift certificates for future Springer productions in the 2020-21 Season.
To inform the Springer of their preference, patrons are asked to visit springeroperahouse.org
“We thank the community for its understanding,” said Pierce. “This is a serious challenge that we face. The Springer is now fighting for its very survival and the community’s support is required now more than ever.”