The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA is seeking a multimedia journalist to generate original, local content for all of our media platforms. The successful candidate will demonstrate intense curiosity, a strong work ethic, the drive to break hard news, very strong writing skills, confidence in the operation of broadcast and digital news technology, and a dynamic on-camera presence.
If selected to join our team, you will:
· Quickly initiate and solidify strong editorial sources and community contacts
· Work your sources to generate multiple, original stories daily
· Research and gather information to deliver stories of superior depth and breadth
· Shoot, write, edit, produce, and present unique versions of stories for television, digital, social media platforms, and radio
· Present daily live reports from the field and/or in-studio
· Never miss a deadline
· Assist with the production of other content for broadcast and digital platforms
We are a small and growing staff of very competitive journalists who each wear many hats. You will work incredibly hard. You will be amazed at how quickly you grow as a journalist, storyteller, and presenter; from good to great and then great to awesome. You will have a ton of fun working alongside sharp, enthusiastic team mates.
To apply you should:
· Have earned a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or have equivalent work experience
· Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law
· Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow
· Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media
· Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
· Edit video like a whiz in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system
· Operate professional video cameras and support equipment, i.e. audio, lighting, etc.
· Be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment throughout each workday
· Possess a valid Georgia Drivers license (or obtain one) and have a clean driving record
If you are ready to get in on the ground floor of something very exciting and creative, email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to the General Manager, Mark Kirkland at email@example.com .
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
We require a background check and drug testing. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.