The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA is looking for a strong communicator and journalist to co-anchor weeknight 10pm newscasts and report original content on-air, online, and via social media platforms. If you are confident and dynamic on-camera and are personally driven to break news, apply today. One year experience anchoring and reporting preferred.
· Co-Anchor the 10PM Weeknight Newscasts
· Produce, write, and edit weeknight 10PM newscasts
· Report live primarily for 5PM, 6PM, & 11PM Weeknight Newscasts
· Anchor and report for other newscasts, specials, programs, and breaking news as needed
· Report, write, shoot, and edit original content daily for on-air, online, and social media channels
· Quickly initiate and solidify strong editorial sources and community connections
· Perform other duties as needed
To apply you should:
· Be a confident and competent on air presenter
· Be able to produce newscasts on deadline (Experience with news rundown/scripting systems, i.e. Ross Inception, is a plus.)
· Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media
· Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
· Edit video in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system.
· Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law
· Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow
· Operate professional video cameras and support equipment, i.e. audio, lighting, etc.
· Be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment throughout each workday
· Possess a valid Georgia Drivers license (or obtain one) and have a clean driving record
· Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience
Email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to the General Manager, Mark Kirkland at email@example.com .
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace.
We require a background check and drug testing. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.