AAA Urges Motorists To Celebrate The Holidays Safely
GEORGIANS CAN CALL (855) 2-TOW-2-GO FOR A SAFE RIDE HOME
ATLANTA, Ga. (December 31, 2019) — New Years is the deadliest holiday on U.S. roadways. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, in 2017, nearly 1,000 people were killed during the 3-day period. Thirty-one percent of those deaths involved drunk drivers.
“There is no such thing as a responsible impaired driver, said Montrae Waiters, spokeswoman, AAA-The Auto Club Group. “Impaired driving fatalities can be prevented by planning ahead and choosing a sober ride home, such as a designated driver. Drivers who get behind the wheel while intoxicated risk both their life and the lives of other motorists on the road.”
Since its inception in 1998, Tow to Go has removed more than 25,000 impaired drivers from roads across the Southeast and Midwest. The service enables AAA and Budweiser to remind the public to plan ahead when celebrating with alcohol.
Tow to Go Service Areas
|Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Michigan, North Dakota, Nebraska, Tennessee, Wisconsin and Indiana (Fort Wayne and South Bend only)||(855) 2-TOW-2-GO or (855) 286-9246|
- Now – Thursday, January 2 (6 a.m.)
- Confidential local ride to a safe location within a 10 miles radius.
- The AAA tow truck takes the vehicle and the driver home.
- Free and available to AAA members and non-members.
- Based on the availability of AAA drivers and tow trucks during times of high call volume.
- Tow to Go may not be available in rural areas or during severe weather conditions.
- If you are hosting a party, please do so responsibly. Check out the Great Pretenders Party Guide Visit AAA.com/TowtoGo for dates and availability throughout 2019.