The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a Producer of stories and newscasts for our on-air broadcasts and digital media platforms. We seek a journalist with very strong writing skills, excellent story showcasing skills, superior organization skills, a strong work ethic, razor-sharp communication skills, and an intense curiosity for daily news and current events & issues.
If selected to join our team, you will:
· Produce, write, and edit for newscasts and unique versions of stories for television, digital platforms, social media platforms, and radio.
· Research and gather information to write and produce stories of superior depth and clarity.
· Never miss a deadline.
· Quickly initiate and solidify strong working relationships with in-house staff and other remote journalists on our team.
To apply you should:
· Be able to produce newscasts on deadline.
· Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law.
· Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow.
· Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media.
· Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
· Edit video in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system.
· Experience with news rundown/scripting systems (i.e. Ross Inception) is a plus.
· Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience
If you believe you are a good fit for this position, send your resume, cover letter, and a link to work samples to the General Manager, Mark Kirkland, at firstname.lastname@example.org. A valid driver’s license and pre-employment screening is required for this position.