Don’t Forget the Helmet!
Safe Kids Columbus stops by to teach us how to properly fit a bicycle helmet, the helmet law, rules of the road and if you’re riding a bicycle at night. All children under 16 are required by Georgia law to wear a helmet when they are on the bike.
Rules of the Road for Bicycles:
– Operate the bike just like a motor vehicle
– Ride WITH the flow of traffic
– Observe all traffic signals, stop signs
– Ride as far to the right as possible
– Always wear a helmet
– Use hand signals to indicate the direction you are traveling
– Stay alert – scan behind and in front of you
Riding a Bicycle at Night:
– GA Law requires a rear reflector visible up to 300 feet, and you must have a white light in front of the bike visible up to 300 ft.