Saving Money on Your Power Bill As We Head into Summer
As the temperatures rise, so do our power bills. We start to crank up that A/C ad we head into 90 degree weather.
So, Director of Opelika Power Services, Derek Lee, gives us some tips to keep those bills low this Summer.
- Keep your thermostat at 78 degrees. Don’t move your temperature more than 4 to 6 degrees when you’re asleep or away from home. A programmable thermostat will do that for you
- Keep your blinds or curtains closed in really sunny areas of your home
- Use your ceiling fans! If you don’t have one, buy a portable one
- Clean/switch out your air filters regularly
- Get your A/C unit checked at least twice a year
- Use LED bulbs
- If you have dimmer light switches, don’t push it up to the brightest! Dimmer lights mean saving electricity
- Turn your lights off when you leave the room