LIST: School Delays on Friday Morning Due to Severe Weather Threat
Columbus, GA – Based on the most recent weather advisories, Muscogee County School District Schools and offices will observe a two-hour delayed opening schedule Friday, April 19, 2019.
Please note the following information:
- Each employee and student should report to his/her assigned location two hours after the regularly scheduled time.
- All field trips scheduled for tomorrow, during the school day or out of town, have been cancelled.
- Local athletic and/or extracurricular activities, occurring after the school day, will continue as scheduled at this time.
- All system-wide tests scheduled for tomorrow have been postponed until Monday, April 22, 2019.
- School nutrition will proceed with a delayed lunch schedule; breakfast will not be served tomorrow morning.
- All District sites and schools will observe the regularly scheduled ending times for each employee and student.
We will continue to monitor this situation to determine if we will need to make any further adjustments to the District schedules based on any predicted changes and/or damage that could result from the weather. All official District announcements related to this matter will come directly from the Office of Communications and/or our Superintendent.
The mission of the Muscogee County School District is to inspire and equip all students to achieve unlimited potential. For more information, please contact the Office of Communications at 706.748.2034 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based off of the potential severe weather threat and communication with our local EMA Director, in an effort to help keep our students and staff safe, we will begin all classes after a 2 hour delayed start for all Chattahoochee County Schools on Friday April 19, 2019. Doors will open at CCEC and Day Care at 8:30 am, with CCMHS opening at 9 am. All buses will begin their routes 2 hours later than normal. We hope that everyone is safe an unaffected by the potential severe weather. We will be in contact with any changes should they are needed