Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers Offers Free Tax Preparation Services
Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers, Inc. is offering free tax preparation services to anyone with a household income of $54,000 per year or less.
The free tax services for 2018 returns will continue until April 15, 2019 at Goodwill’s career center locations in Columbus, Midland and Phenix City.
Dates and times for the locations are as follows:
· Columbus Career Center (walk-ins): Tuesday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; Saturdays from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
· Midland Career Center (appointment only): Mondays from 12:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
· Phenix City Career Center (appointment only): Wednesdays from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
For nine years Goodwill has offered free tax prep for the community. During the 2018 tax season, Goodwill served 4,726 families and returned nearly $6 million to taxpayer pockets through their free tax prep program.
If you are interested in receiving free tax prep services through VITA, please bring the following items:
· Social security cards for yourself and all dependents
· All income documents
· All tax documents
· Photo ID
· Health insurance for 1095 A/B/C
· Form 1098
· Childcare expenses
· 2018 tax returns
· Bank account information
Individuals who are interested in free tax prep services, want to make an appointment, or have further questions can call the Goodwill Midtown Career Center at 706.256.1837
Courtesy: Goodwill Industries of the Southern Rivers, Inc.