Eight people in Valley Sent to Hospital Due to Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Eight people in Valley, Alabama were sent to the hospital due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

The situation started Saturday in the Shawmut Community in Valley when a teenager in their home said they were experiencing headaches and vomiting.

The mother thought it was the flu, but the next day it got worse.

Around 1 p.m. Sunday afternoon, the teen passed out while others in the home were experiencing the same symptoms.

They called 911 and first responders found out it was carbon monoxide coming from their basement furnace.

All eight were transported to the hospital but are expected to recover.

Valley fire officials tell WLTZ make sure you’re furnace and heating systems are checked by a professional and always have a working carbon monoxide detector in your home.

Categories: Alabama News