Television and Digital Media Interns
Apply Now for Fall 2018 Intern Class
A few opportunities remain available for Fall 2018 and the application window is now open for Spring 2019 for students seeking an internship with the NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA in the areas of News, Sports, Weather, Photojournalism, Digital Media, and Production.
Selected internship candidates will receive a structured, in-depth overview of our local broadcast and digital media operation.
They will also be afforded the opportunity for practical hands-on application of theory and coursework in their specific concentration or area of interest.
You will work alongside our team members, be given daily assignments, and receive critique on the practical learning projects which you execute.
To apply you should:
- Be a student currently enrolled in a media-related and/or creative course of study including but not limited to media studies, journalism, photography, production, film, digital media, web design, graphic design, fine art, English, creative writing, etc. or meteorology.
- Demonstrate intense curiosity and a passion to learn about media-related professions.
- Have a basic level of knowledge in your area of interest and rudimentary experience with the tools utilized in that area.
- Be highly organized and able to manage your time and daily workflow.
- Have an awareness of daily news, current events, and topical issues.
- Approval from your school and department to earn course credit for the Intern Experience.
Email your completed Internship Application, resume, and cover letter to General Manager Mark Kirkland Mkirkland@wltz.com.
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. We require a background check, drug testing and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.