OPELIKA POLICE DEPARTMENT
• Theft of Property occurred at 1511 First Avenue (Premium Beverage Company) between 2/1/2014 (6:00 AM) and 3/7/2014 (9:46 AM). Complainant reported an inventory of their products revealed approximately 1,200 cases of beer were missing. There are no suspects and the case is under investigation.
• Identity Theft occurred in the 1400 block of Preston Street on 3/2/2014 (10:30 AM). Victim reported checking her bank account and noticing two withdrawals totaling more than $800.00 were on her account. According to the victim the charges were made at a store in Oglethorpe, Georgia. The victim stated she still has her bank card in her possession and does not know how someone was able to obtain her information. The case is under investigation.
• Theft of Property occurred at 2900 Pepperell Parkway (Wal-Mart Supercenter) on 3/5/2014 between (5:00 PM) and (5:10 PM). Victim reported answering an ad on Craigslist to purchase a vehicle. As part of the transaction the victim wired over $2,400.00 to the seller of the vehicle. Since that transaction, the victim has been unable to contact the seller of the vehicle. There is a suspect and the case is under investigation.
• Unlawful Breaking and Entering a Vehicle and Theft of Property occurred in the 1100 block of Sawyer Drive between 2/22/2014 (11:00 AM) and 3/8/2014 (11:00 AM). Victim reported someone tried to enter his vehicle by damaging his door lock with an unknown object. According to the victim no entry was gained to his vehicle. There are no suspects and the case is under investigation.
• Burglary and Theft of Property occurred in the 300 block of Stevens Street between 2/8/2014 (8:00 AM) and 3/8/2014 (4:209 PM). Victim reported someone forcibly entered the residence and tool shed and stole two metal ladders, two extension cords, four boxes of nails, a leaf blower, and an unknown amount of copper piping. The case is under investigation.
• Fidencio Mendoza Ortiz, age 24 of Auburn, was arrested in the 3000 block of Columbus Parkway on 3/9/2014 (1:10 AM) and charged with Driving Under the Influence (Alcohol).
WLTZ NBC 38
6140 Buena Vista Rd, Columbus, GA 31907, 706-561-3838
GA News Hotline: 706-507-6397
AL News Hotline: email@example.com