Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEW YORK, Oct. 10, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue:
Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Ice Cream Sector in Russia
This report provides a concise overview of the Ice Cream market in Russia. After reading this report, you will understand the size of the market, the economic, demographic, and behavioural trends that will drive its evolution and the leading players within the market, allowing you to plan effectively for the future.
Introduction and Landscape
Why was the report written?
This overview of the consumer and market dynamics of Russian Ice Cream sector allows new entrants and established players to gain rapid and comprehensive insight into the current state of the market and identify the key trends that will drive growth in the coming years.
What is the current market landscape and what is changing?
Rising Russian middle class are now increasing considering Ice Cream as every day consumption product and for on the go snacking during the hot summer months.
What are the key drivers behind recent market changes?
This growth reflects the position of Ice Cream for everyday consumption. The market is driven by Russian's indulgence and sweet tooth towards Ice Cream and their busy lifestyles. Volatile exchange rates have added complexity to the market for international companies. For instance, the value of the Russian ruble versus the US dollar fell rapidly during the second half of 2008, and then grew rapidly after 2009, which again fell in the mid of 2011, and recovered in the second half of 2012. This fluctuation is expected to stabilize; however, a slight downwards trend is possible.
What makes this report unique and essential to read?
This report brings together consumer insight and market data to provide a comprehensive brief of the Russia's Ice Cream sector. This allows for the rapid identification of key growth opportunities across major Ice Cream categories and their packaging.
Key Features and Benefits
Analysis of consumer behaviour, economic conditions, and demography reveals emerging opportunities in the Ice Cream sector.
Key growth categories are highlighted by analysing the market dynamics of major Ice Cream categories.
Market shares are provided for the leading brands and private label across Ice Cream categories.
An overview of packaging trends in the Ice Cream sector is provided, including primary packaging material and type, packaging closures, and outer packaging.
Key Market Issues
Larger pack sizes will benefit, as the consumption of Take-home Ice Cream becomes increasingly common behavior: the number of Take-home Ice Cream packs sized larger than 750g will increase between 2007 and 2017
Older consumers, aged 55+ constitute over two fifth of the consumption in Ice Cream market indicating opportunity for healthy product line, so that Russians can have guilt free indulgence.
New ice-cream flavors are being developed to target variety seekers, and segment looking for premium ice cream. Companies are increasing using Wafer Cup, preferred by Russian to decrease per unit cost per Ice Cream and offer more value for money products.
Per capita consumption in Russia is low compared to Western European nations, which indicate huge untapped market. Although Impulse Ice Cream constitute major market by value, Take-Home is now increasingly considered for regular consumption.
Russia lags behind the majority of European and developed countries markets in trust and confidence in the quality of private labels.
Rigid Plastic is the increasingly being used as preferred form of packing material in Take-Home Ice cream category, which allow easy of storage and transportation.
Ice Cream is being developed in Russia to help deliver functional benefits. This is in response to growing acceptance of products featuring functional ingredients and the increasing competition from frozen yogurt, as consumers consider yoghurt to be healthier than ice cream.
Marketers are positioning Ice Cream as regular consumption dessert where family packs or large-size package for home consumption can be promoted.
Major part of the Ice Cream consumption in value is driven by those in households who have total income in or above the 50th centile of the country (the highly affluent and better off income groups).
Table of Contents
- Rising Income and growing middle class are fuelling growth in Russia
- Russia retail market varies significantly with regional parameters
- Buying convenience plays a major role in Ice Cream sales
- Take home Ice Cream packs and multi packs in cone and cups category are increasingly with the growing preference for eating at home
- Older population driving the consumption of Ice Cream and younger generation can be tested with innovative products
- Majority of Russian Ice Cream consumers have heavy consumption habit
- Russian's continue to indulgence themselves with inexpensive Ice Cream luxury
- Companies are targeting Indulgence and innovating to provide better value for money Ice cream to drive sales in the Russian market
- Personal Space and Time, followed by Fun and Enjoyment trend are impacting Ice Cream market in Russia
- Ice Cream increasingly considered as every day consumption product, driving Take-Home Ice Cream higher growth rate
- Take-Home Ice Cream consumption increasing faster compared to Impulse Ice Cream
- Fluctuating exchange rates have added complexity to the Russian Ice Cream market
- Rising disposable income supported by increasing marketing activity stimulated demand in Ice Cream Market
Brands and Private Labels
- Private Label brands penetration at nascent stage in Russia
- Private Label growing faster in Take-Home Ice Cream Category
- Key brands by category
- Impulse Ice Cream high volume share driving Packaging Material Demand in Russia
- Rigid Plastic usage growing faster than Flexible and Paper and Board packaging due to increasing Take-Home Ice Cream Consumption
Future Outlook- four key trends in the Russia's Ice Cream sector
- Competition from Dairy alternatives
- Seasonality vs Regular Consumption
- Premiumization of Ice Cream
- Take-Home and HORECA Ice Cream consumption will grow
Data Appendix and Summary Methodology
Inmarko, Nestle, Talosto, Magnit , Auchan, Ice Berry, X5 Retail ,Metro Group ,Russky Kholod ,
To order this report: Market Focus: Trends and Developments in the Ice Cream Sector in Russia
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.