Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOURCE Mediators + More
A Diverse Group of Legal Experts Form a New York-Based International Mediation Practice Group
NEW YORK, Sept. 24, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- A dozen mediators with dedicated areas of experience in different practice areas have united to form Mediators + More (www.mediatorsplusmore.com) to satisfy the increasing demand by disputing parties for mediators who possess in-depth subject matter knowledge specifically applicable to the disputes before them.
Co-founded by Norman Solovay, a "reformed litigator," and Mark Maged, former CEO of Schroders, Inc., a prominent banking and investment firm, and former Chairman of corporate data provider Edgar Online, Inc., Mediators + More makes available a panel of experts in dispute resolution representing fields as diverse as media, employment, environmental, health care, intellectual property, bankruptcy, trusts and estates, family and divorce matters, real estate and state and local government issues.
Solovay, a prominent legal authority in alternate dispute resolution techniques, noted that although mediation is an increasingly popular resolution preference, mediators are even more appreciated when their background and experience facilitates the introduction of knowledgeable interest based resolution options.
Maged, who enjoyed a successful corporate legal career prior to moving into business and finance, suggested the idea of Mediators + More to Solovay, based upon Maged's own experiences and frustrations in resolving disputes to which his companies were party.
In addition to Solovay and Maged, the Mediators + More panel includes:
- Bankruptcy – Melanie L. Cyganowski, Mediators + More's only former judge member, having become a partner in a major law firm following her retirement as a Chief US Bankruptcy judge, is available to mediate bankruptcy-related disputes through Mediators +More.
- Cable, Broadcast and New Media – Peter Bernbaum is now mediating disputes involving domestic and international corporations, partnerships and joint ventures as well as individual and corporate entrepreneurs, executives and other professionals;
- Divorce and Family – Barry Berkman, founder of Berkman Bottger Newman & Rodd, a leading divorce firm, is renowned for his skill at keeping difficult divorces and other family disputes out of court and settling them;
- Employment – Vivian Berger, after serving as a distinguished Professor and Vice Dean at her alma mater, Columbia Law School, has gone on to mediate successfully hundreds of varied employment related disputes;
- Environmental – James J. Periconi, a federal court-appointed Special Master in several prominent lawsuits, and counselor to Fortune 100 corporations in environmental enforcement proceedings before the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and state agencies;
- Health Care – Chris Stern Hyman, the current chair of the prestigious Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee of the New York City Bar Association and a sought after mediator of medical malpractice disputes was General Counsel at the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and Chief Counsel in the Office of Professional Medical Conduct for the New York State Department of Health;
- Intellectual Property – Stephen Gilbert, former co-leader of the intellectual property practice of Bryan Cave, is now a full-time mediator and arbitrator of patent, trademark, copyright, trade secret and other IP matters;
- State and Local Government plus Real Estate Disputes – Robert A. Straniere, the former minority Floor and Debate Leader of the New York State Assembly;
- Transformative Mediation – Henry Weinstein, a former practicing lawyer subsequently a distinguished psychiatrist with an extensive private practice who also serves as Clinical Professor of Psychiatry and Director of the New York University Program in Psychiatry and the Law;
- Trust & Estates – Robert D. Steele, a partner in a major law firm, is also available to mediate trusts and estates disputes of all kinds through Mediators + More.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.