Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
McDonald's Worldwide Convention, TED Conference, and Cisco Live top the list of the most innovative meetings, conventions, and conferences in North America
LOS ANGELES, Sept. 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- BizBash, the leading trade media for event professionals, has announced its 2013 list of the Most Innovative Meetings. After reviewing meetings and conferences from across the country, BizBash ranked the events on this annual list by several factors including attendee engagement, social media integration, pricing, and sustainability.
"Meetings are getting smarter and adapting much faster to new trends and technologies," says BizBash executive editor Anna Sekula. "There's a lot of movement toward creating gatherings that are not just cost-efficient, but cost-effective, too. And there's more attention being paid to the attendee experience-increasing engagement and encouraging participation through physical and virtual elements."
The 15 Most Innovative Meetings for 2013 are:
- McDonald's Worldwide Convention: The innovation of the fast-food giant's annual gathering lies in the massive scope of sustainability initiatives.
- TED Conference: The brand continues to test new ways to create meaningful, engaging experiences for participants.
- Cisco Live: The multinational tech company created a prominent social media command center to monitor and respond to online comments at its 2013 conference.
- SAP's Sapphire Now: The software giant redesigned the layout of its largest annual event to create a more engaging experience for attendees.
- H.I.M.S.S. Conference: The health care organization made a bold change to its online program that challenged prior notions of how to structure pricing and content.
- Further With Ford: The automaker is targeting nontraditional media with an event that mixes behind-the-scenes tours, driving experiences, and celebrity speakers.
- Oracle OpenWorld: The California software company continues to be at the forefront of the green meeting movement, creating continuous improvement at its annual events.
- Educause Annual Conference: The nonprofit association provides free personalized training and support for speakers.
- Pack Expo: Customized programs and specialized sections of the show floor aim to make the huge event effective and efficient for attendees.
- National Automobile Dealers Association's Convention & Expo: A mix of playful and personalized activities added energy to the show floor and enticed attendees to linger.
- International Manufacturing Technology Show: One of the oldest trade shows in the country continues to grow by staying on top of industry trends.
- Hallmark Gold Crown Retail Summit: The country's largest manufacturer of printed greeting cards demonstrated how to go paperless for its annual conference.
- Dad 2.0 Summit: Sponsors are signing on to the new event to tap into the online community of new media focused on fatherhood.
- Hello Etsy: In its third year, the digital marketplace brought its conference to New York and demonstrated simple changes to enhance sustainability.
- PS Engage: The Canadian event for public service employees added a dose of creativity to foster learning and networking.
More Information about the Most Innovative Meetings 2013 can be found at www.bizbash.com/innovative-meetings-2013.
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.