Columbus, GA - A fire has been contained this morning at a local Columbus elementary school.
According to fire Chief Ricky Shores the call came in at 7:45 AM and seven units responded to Hannan Academy.
Officials believe the fire was started in a bathroom by a student and was contained quickly.
Fire officials estimate $4,000 of damage was caused by the fire; mostly due to smoke. No injuries were caused and school is running as usual.
According to the Muscogee County School handbook the student's parents will be charged with paying for damage or the student could be suspended indefinitely from the school.
WLTZ NBC 38
6140 Buena Vista Rd, Columbus, GA 31907, 706-561-3838
GA News Hotline: 706-507-6397
AL News Hotline: firstname.lastname@example.org