Television & Multimedia Production Assistants
PART-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY
The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks Television Production Assistants to perform duties for live and pre-recorded television broadcasts and webcasts including newscasts, breaking news reports, talk shows, and various other local programming.
Experience and technical skills are a plus. But, you don’t have to already know how to do it all. WE WILL TRAIN YOU.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate successfully with journalists, presenters, technicians, and fellow production staff
- Operate audio boards (Allen & Heath GLD 112 Chrome Edition and others) to successfully monitor, manage, and deliver sound for fast-paced, high-energy programs
- Operate studio cameras
- Monitor and adjust studio lights
- Place and strike set pieces in an efficient and safe manner
- Adjust and dress cables, equipment, props, etc. to maintain an orderly, safe, and clean studio space
- Operate teleprompter
- Provide cues to on air talent
- Distribute rundowns and scripts to crew members
- Confidence in general computer skills (we have PCs and Macs)
- Non-linear editing acumen (Final Cut Pro X, Adobe CC, and/or others)
- Familiarity with and/or ability to quickly get up to speed on file formats and video codecs for ingest, encoding, and playback of assets
- Cross-train to acquire skills and knowledge applicable throughout the operation including but not limited to switchers (TriCaster 8000 and others), graphics creation and display systems, robotic cameras, file servers, routing gear, multi-monitor control systems, and live gear (ENG, bonded cellular, etc.)
- Availability to work a set part-time schedule and occasionally pick up extra shifts
If you have some technical savvy and the heart of an artist and would like to work with fun team mates, join us.
Email your resume and cover letter to Director of News and Local Content Gene Kirkconnell email@example.com.