Ring in the new year at your new position — Multimedia News Producer.
The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a Producer of newscasts and stories for our on-air broadcasts and digital media platforms.
We seek a journalist with very strong writing skills, excellent story showcasing skills, demonstrated video editing skills, superior organization skills, a strong work ethic, razor-sharp communication ability, and an intense curiosity for daily news and current events & issues.
The successful candidate will:
- Produce, write, and edit video for newscasts and unique versions of stories for television, digital platforms, social media platforms
- Research and gather information to write and produce stories of superior depth and clarity
- Meet or beat all deadlines
- Quickly initiate and solidify strong working relationships with in-house staff and other remote journalists on our team
To apply you should:
- Be able to produce newscasts on deadline
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law
- Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow
- Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media
- Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Edit video in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system
- Have experience with news rundown/scripting systems (i.e. Ross Inception) is a plus
- Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience
Email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to Director of News and Local Content Gene Kirkconnell email@example.com.