Available Immediately for 2018
Ring in the new year at your new position — Multimedia News Producer.
The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a Producer of newscasts and stories for our on-air broadcasts and digital media platforms.
We seek a journalist with very strong writing skills, excellent story showcasing skills, demonstrated video editing skills, superior organization skills, a strong work ethic, razor-sharp communication ability, and an intense curiosity for daily news and current events & issues.
The successful candidate will:
- Produce, write, and edit video for newscasts and unique versions of stories for television, digital platforms, social media platforms
- Research and gather information to write and produce stories of superior depth and clarity
- Meet or beat all deadlines
- Quickly initiate and solidify strong working relationships with in-house staff and other remote journalists on our team
To apply you should:
- Be able to produce newscasts on deadline
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law
- Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow
- Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media
- Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- Edit video in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system
- Have experience with news rundown/scripting systems (i.e. Ross Inception) is a plus
- Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience
Email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to Director of News and Local Content Gene Kirkconnell firstname.lastname@example.org.
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. We require a background check, drug testing and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.