PGA TOUR Major Champion Jim Furyk Joins Barbasol
BARBASOL TO TAKE PLACE AT GRAND NATIONAL IN OPELIKA, AL
The Barbasol Championship has added another elite golfer to the field in Jim Furyk.
Furyk played at the University of Arizona in Tuscon, where he was an All-American twice. He also led the Wildcats to their first NCAA title in 1992. That same year, Furyk turned professional and the rest, as they say, is history.
He joined the PGA TOUR in 1994 and has won at least one tournament each year between 1998 and 2003.
Furyk truly hit his stride in 2010, winning a career-best three tournaments on the PGA TOUR that year. The most notable victory was the season-ending Tour Championship. That victory earned him the 2010 FedEx Cup. His stellar performance in 2010 won him both the PGA Player of the Year and PGA TOUR Player of the year.
16-Time PGA TOUR Champion Including:
- 2003 U.S. Open
- 2010 TOUR Championship
- 2010 Transitions Championship
- 2010 Heritage
- 2x Grand Slam of Golf Champion (2003, 2008)
- 3 International Victories
- 2010 Fed Ex Cup Champion
- 2010 PGA TOUR Player of the Year
- 2010 PGA of America Player of the Year
- 15 Consecutive US National Teams
- 9x Ryder Cup Team Member
- 7x Presidents Cup Team Member
- 4th on the All-Time PGA TOUR Career Earnings List
- One of just three players to finish inside the Top-15 of the
Fed Ex Cup Standings in each of the first four seasons of the Playoff
- 6th Player in PGA TOUR history to shoot 59 – second round 2013 BMW Championship