Anchor & Multimedia Journalist
Co-Anchor Newscasts & MMJ For All Content Platforms
The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA is looking for a strong communicator and journalist to anchor newscasts and report original content on-air, online, and via social media platforms.
If you are confident and dynamic on-camera and are personally driven to break news, apply today.
One year of experience anchoring and reporting preferred.
- Co-Anchor newscasts
- Produce, write, and edit for newscasts
- Report live primarily for newscasts
- Anchor and report for other newscasts, specials, programs, and breaking news as needed
- Report, write, shoot, and edit original content daily for on-air, online, and social media channels
- Quickly initiate and solidify strong editorial sources and community connections
- Perform other duties as needed
To apply you should:
- Be a confident and competent on air presenter
- Be able to produce newscasts on deadline (Experience with news rundown/scripting systems, i.e. Ross Inception, is a plus.)
- Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media
- Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Edit video in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system.
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law
- Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow
- Operate professional video cameras and support equipment, i.e. audio, lighting, etc.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment throughout each workday
- Possess a valid Georgia Drivers license (or obtain one) and have a clean driving record
- Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience
Email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to Director of News & Local Content Gene Kirkconnell email@example.com.