Anchor & Multimedia Journalist
Co-Anchor Newscasts & MMJ For All Content Platforms - Available September 2018
The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA is looking for a strong communicator and journalist to anchor newscasts and report original content on-air, online, and via social media platforms.
If you are confident and dynamic on-camera and are personally driven to break news, apply today.
One year of experience anchoring and reporting preferred.
- Co-Anchor newscasts
- Produce, write, and edit for newscasts
- Report live primarily for newscasts
- Anchor and report for other newscasts, specials, programs, and breaking news as needed
- Report, write, shoot, and edit original content daily for on-air, online, and social media channels
- Quickly initiate and solidify strong editorial sources and community connections
- Perform other duties as needed
To apply you should:
- Be a confident and competent on air presenter
- Be able to produce newscasts on deadline (Experience with news rundown/scripting systems, i.e. Ross Inception, is a plus.)
- Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media
- Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Edit video in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system.
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law
- Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow
- Operate professional video cameras and support equipment, i.e. audio, lighting, etc.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment throughout each workday
- Possess a valid Georgia Drivers license (or obtain one) and have a clean driving record
- Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience
Email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to Director of News & Local Content Gene Kirkconnell email@example.com.
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. We require a background check, drug testing and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.