Sales Account Executive (Entry-Level)
Are You Eager To Earn The Compensation You Deserve?
WLTZ 38 the NBC/CW affiliates in Columbus, Ga is looking for an entry level sales professional to develop dynamic marketing campaigns for new clients. The ideal candidate will be someone who can develop new client relationships through cold calling and networking. This person must have an innovative approach to client development and be a team player. This person will continually contact, develop and pursue direct small to medium business clients. These individuals are also held accountable for achieving sales budgets and collecting on the accounts. Candidates must have a positive attitude and a drive to win. Self-motivation is essential. If you’re interested in a commission based position thriving in a highly energetic sales environment – this job is the opportunity for you!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Maintain account lists and soliciting new business through prospecting and cold calling
- Contact prospective customers to sell television and digital capabilities
- Managing and growing existing assigned accounts/budgets
- Identifying clients’ advertising needs and developing and presenting customized solutions to meet those needs
- Develop proposals utilizing MS office products and Qualitative Research
- Prepare promotional plans, sales literature, and advertising proposals
- Develop and maintain relationships with clients by providing top quality service
- Investigate and resolve customer problems
- Communicate with other departments to assure quality service in placing orders and arranging advertorial segments on local programming.
- Responsible for exceeding sales budget and collection of sold accounts
Successful candidates must possess exceptional communication, presentation and negotiation skills. They must be self-motivated, goal driven and creative, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. In addition, the right candidate must have:
- High school graduate required; college preferred
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance
- Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous television/digital sales experience preferred
Must also have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e., MS Word and Windows environment
Submissions: Email your cover letter and resume to Business Development Manager Mark Kirkland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. We require a background check, drug testing and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.