The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a Television Director/Technical Director to organize and execute live and pre-recorded television broadcasts and webcasts including newscasts, breaking news reports, sports shows, talk shows, music programs, and various other local programming.
- Operate production control room and broadcast equipment to execute fast-paced, graphic-rich, high-energy programs.
- Mastery of gear includes but is not limited to switchers (TriCaster 8000 and others), audio boards (Allen & Heath GLD 112 Chrome Edition and others), graphics creation and display systems, robotic cameras, file servers, routing gear, multi-monitor control systems, and live gear (ENG, bonded cellular, etc.).
- Familiarity with file formats and video codecs for ingest, encoding, and playback of assets.
- Non-linear editing acumen (Final Cut Pro X, Adobe CC, and others).
- Ability to use rundown and scripting systems (Ross Inception & Newsmaker Connect).
- Confidence in general computer skills (we have PCs and Macs).
- Ability to collaborate successfully with journalists, presenters, technicians, and fellow production staff.
- Superior problem-solving, troubleshooting, decision making, and communication skills during live broadcast situations.
- Professional savvy and able to interact successfully with clients on commercial production projects.
We have a brand new control room and newsroom. If you have a gear-head brain and an artist’s heart and would like to work with fun team mates, get in on the ground floor of something very exciting and creative happening here. Email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to Director of News and Local Content Gene Kirkconnell email@example.com.