The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA seeks a Producer of stories and newscasts for our on-air broadcasts and digital media platforms. We seek a journalist with very strong writing skills, excellent story showcasing skills, superior organization skills, a strong work ethic, razor-sharp communication skills, and an intense curiosity for daily news and current events & issues.
If selected to join our team, you will:
- Produce, write, and edit for newscasts and unique versions of stories for television, digital platforms, social media platforms, and radio.
- Research and gather information to write and produce stories of superior depth and clarity.
- Never miss a deadline.
- Quickly initiate and solidify strong working relationships with in-house staff and other remote journalists on our team.
To apply you should:
- Be able to produce newscasts on deadline.
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law.
- Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow.
- Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media.
- Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Edit video in Final Cut Pro or a like non-linear editing system.
- Experience with news rundown/scripting systems (i.e. Ross Inception) is a plus.
- Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience.
Email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to Director of News and Local Content Gene Kirkconnell email@example.com.