MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST (Bureau Chief)
The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA is seeking a multimedia journalist to generate original, local content for all of our media platforms. The successful candidate will demonstrate intense curiosity, a strong work ethic, the drive to break hard news, very strong writing skills, confidence in the operation of broadcast and digital news technology, and a dynamic on-camera presence. This MMJ serves as our Bureau Chief for East Alabama and is based in our Auburn, Alabama newsroom.
If selected to join our team, you will:
- Quickly initiate, solidify, and work strong editorial sources and community contacts to generate multiple, original stories daily on deadline
- Research and gather information to deliver stories of superior depth and breadth
- Report, shoot, and edit original content on-air, online, on and social media channels
- Present daily live reports from the field and/or in-studio
- Perform other duties as needed
To apply you should:
- Be a confident and competent on air presenter
- Be highly organized and able to self-manage your time and daily workflow
- Have strong working knowledge of writing styles for broadcast, digital, and social media
- Be proficient in posting platform-tailored content to the web, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Edit video in Final Cut Pro X or a like non-linear editing system.
- Demonstrate strong editorial judgment, journalistic ethics, and knowledge of media law
- Operate professional video cameras and support equipment, i.e. audio, lighting, etc.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment throughout each workday
- Possess a valid Georgia Drivers license (or obtain one) and have a clean driving record
- Have a BA degree in journalism/broadcasting or equivalent work experience
If you are ready to get in on the ground floor of something very exciting and creative, email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to Director of News and Local Content Gene Kirkconnell email@example.com.