Lawnmower stunt goes horribly wrong

(WXIA) A Georgia man has lost his leg after shooting a lawn mower packed with an explosive known as Tannerite.

"We get a lot of calls about Tannerite. It can be extremely dangerous if it is not used correctly," says Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman.

Chapman released video of the explosion that cost David Pressley his leg as a warning to others.

Tannerite is the brand name of a combination of ammonium nitrate and aluminum powder. When mixed and shot with a high-velocity bullet, it creates a loud noise and explosion.

The manufacturer recommends using no more than half a pound at one time. But demonstrations using up to 100 pounds at one time have become popular internet videos.

Read more: http://on.11alive.com/1RoJ0vC

Related Articles