The NBC affiliate in Columbus, GA is looking for a rising star to anchor our evening newscast. We need someone who is smart, quick-witted, and has star presence on camera. The best candidate will have at least 2 years of experience anchoring and reporting.
We expect you to:
- Anchor the 6P and 11PM newscasts
- Be able to interview guests live during the news
- Work closely with the PM producer in creating the most compelling newscast in town
- You may be required to help write and edit video for the newscast
- You may be required to fill-in produce the newscast
- Keep close tabs on everything going on in the Columbus metropolitan area
- Create working relationships with people who can be of service to us in a future story. You should reach out to these people regularly.
- Suggest viable story ideas every morning in the editorial meeting
- Publish stories on wltz.com. Put web links to those stories on WLTZ Facebook page.
- Fill in on other newscasts as needed
- Make public appearances as required
- Perform additional duties as required by management
- Expect the unexpected. There are very few 8-hour shifts in newsrooms.
We need a hard worker. Every employee wears many hats in our station. You will be asked to work incredibly hard, but you’ll learn and grow more here than most other stations. If this sounds like the kind of challenge you’d love to take on, then please email your reel link, resume, and cover letter to News Director Andrea Clenney email@example.com
WLTZ-TV is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability and maintain a Drug-Free Workplace. We require a background check, drug testing and the ability to lift up to 50 pounds of equipment. You have the right to notify an appropriate local, State or Federal agency if they believe they have been the victims of discrimination.