Gov. Bentley Recognizes Alabama Companies for Excellence in International Trade
MONTGOMERY – Governor Robert Bentley on Wednesday presented the Governor's Trade Excellence Awards to eight Alabama companies that are excelling in international trade.
“Alabama products are among the best in the country, and the companies recognized today show how successful Alabama products are reaching the global marketplace,” Governor Robert Bentley said. “In 2013 Alabama exports total $19.3 billion, which represents a 57% increase since 2009. The Export Alabama Alliance is connecting Alabama companies with exciting new opportunities, and that's good business for this state.”
Last year, Alabama companies shipped products from different industry sectors to nearly 200 countries worldwide. The top five export markets for Alabama companies included: Canada, China, Germany, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
The recipients of the 2014 Governor's Trade Excellence Awards are:
• Aladdin Light Lift Inc. The Huntsville based company specializes in the production of a motorized winch system to raise and lower chandeliers or decorative lighting from high ceilings.
• Archangel Systems Inc. The Auburn based company develops, designs and manufactures sensing systems for air, land and sea-based applications.
• ES Robbins Corp. The Muscle Shoals based company serves the office products, consumer products, equine fencing, food service and industrial supply industries.
• Fagerman Technologies Inc. The Somerville based company specializes in photogrammetric triangulation.
• Hornsby Steel Inc. This Cleveland based company specializes in the curving and bending of steel and other metals for all applications, including industrial, mining, shipbuilding, railroads, structural and architectural use.
• McWane Inc. This Birmingham based company is the largest manufacturer of waterworks products in the United States.
• Mitternight Inc. This Satsuma based production facility manufactures heat exchangers, chemical reactors, distillation columns and other pressure vessels for Fortune 500 customers around the world.
• PESA This Huntsville based company provides advanced audio/video Baseband and IP connectivity products.
“The companies honored here today make up an important component of the state's engine for growth, retention and job creation,” Alabama Secretary of Commerce Greg Canfield said. “A sustained increase in exports plays a key role in Accelerate Alabama, the state's strategic plan for economic development.”
The Governor's Trade Excellence Awards Program was established in 2005 to recognize Alabama manufacturers and service companies for excelling in international trade. The objectives of this program include identifying Alabama's successful exporters, promoting exporters as role models to the Alabama business community and increasing awareness of the impact of exporting on Alabama's economy.
The awards program is coordinated by the Alabama Department of Commerce and the Export Alabama Alliance. The program recognizes small, medium, and large businesses, including new-to-export companies located throughout the state.
(SOURCE: ALABAMA GOVERNOR'S OFFICE)